Ryan Huang Gui Yao (Associate)
LL. B (Hons)
Advocate & Solicitor, Supreme Court of Singapore
Ryan is an Associate in the Intellectual Property Department of the firm.
Ryan handles the registration and prosecution of trade marks and designs in Singapore and in other jurisdictions, and reviews and drafts intellectual property-related agreements and other commercial contracts. He also provides general advice to clients on trade marks and other intellectual property rights.
Ryan graduated from the National University of Singapore (NUS) with a Bachelor of Laws (Hons) in 2014 and was called to the Singapore Bar in 2015. He was placed on the Dean’s List during his final year of academic studies at NUS.
Prior to joining Yusarn Audrey, Ryan completed his practice training in the Intellectual Property Department of a leading local law firm where he assisted in various matters including patent infringement proceedings, trade mark infringement and passing off, employment disputes, and commercial litigation.
- Member, Law Society of Singapore
- Member, Singapore Academy of Law
- 2017 : Representations of Design in a Design Application: Choosing the Appropriate Format to Represent Design Features
- 2017 : The Importance of Registering IP-Related Transactions
- 2018 : Confidentiality in Pre-Contractual Negotiations
- 2018 : Developments in Singapore Copyright Law: Compilations, Fair Dealing and Originality in Derivative Works