Dr Andreas Winkler (Patent Consultant)
European Patent and Trade Mark Attorney
German Patent Attorney
Andreas Winkler is a Patent Consultant of the firm. He studied chemistry and mathematics at the Technical University of Braunschweig and the ETH Zürich. He worked as an Assistant Professor at the Department for Organic Chemistry of the University of Braunschweig, earning his PhD on the subject of the synthesis of unsaturated bicyclic organic compounds and their behaviour in free radical addition reactions.
Andreas particular interest is in the fields of pharmaceuticals and medical technology, raw material and petrochemistry as well as food technology. One focus of his work is in the development and maintenance of IP portfolios (patents, utility models, design patents) as well as the development and implementation of national and global protection strategies for his clients for whom he also handles litigation. He also consults on matters of technology transfer (including the drafting and negotiation of relevant contracts) as well as on matters of employee invention law.
In addition, he is co-author of “Pharmaceutical Intellectual Property – From Innovators to Generics” (2009). The US legal reference book, Best Lawyers International rated him in 2009 and 2010 amongst the top attorneys in Germany.
- Chairperson, Chemical Committee, Licensing Executive Society International (2002 – 2008)
- Co-Chair, Consumer Products Committee, Licensing Executive Society International (2011 – To Date)
- Member, Licensing Executives Society
- Member, Association of the Intellectual Property Experts (VPP)
- Member, German Association for the Protection of Intellectual Property (GRUR)
- Member, The International Federation of Intellectual Property Attorneys (FICPI)
- Member, International Association for the Protection of Industrial Property (AIPPI)
- Member, Intellectual Property Owners Association (IPO)